Greenville is a unique place to visit, with plenty to do for anyone passing through, from the culture-seeking vacationer to those doing some last-minute shopping before heading home from a business trip. There's something for everyone in this city within an hour of the mountains and beaches. There are so many things to see and do – it can be hard to know where to start.
1. If you only have a day in Greenville, start your morning with breakfast at The Beacon Drive-In, a local landmark since 1950.
2. After breakfast, go to Falls Park on the Reedy. This lovely downtown park is situated where the city's namesake river flows through. There are stunning vistas of both the city and the skyline, framed by the iconic Liberty Bridge.
3. After you've taken some photos by the water, walk over to Main Street to see what's going on. Here you'll find a variety of businesses and restaurants, including several boutiques. From fashionable clothes to home décor, as well as unusual items that aren't available anyplace else, there's everything you could need.
4. Head to Carolina Ale House for a delectable sandwich lunch. The restaurant is recognized for its broad beer selection and outside patio, making it an ideal location to relax with a delicious beer and observe the world.
5. Take a stroll over to Fluor Field at the West End for a game after lunch. Since 2005, the minor-league Greenville Drive squad has played in Fluor Field. It's simple to bring the family, watch an afternoon of baseball, and take part in one of Greenville's most famous customs with low-priced tickets.
6. After the game, it'll be dinner time. Visit Manuel’s River House, this restaurant, which is right on the river, features some of the best cuisines in town and a unique ambiance that makes for a truly exceptional dining experience.
7. After dinner, you're free to do anything you want, but if you're in the mood for a nightcap, head over to the West End Brewing Company. The brewery is located just around the corner from Fluor Field and features an authentic ten-barrel system.
The city of Greenville, South Carolina, is the ideal location for a retreat or holiday. Greenville serves tourists looking for history and last-minute purchasers who need only enough time to shop before returning home.