Greenville, SC is a city that is known for its "green" initiatives and sustainability in the business sector. This blog post will highlight some of these efforts and how they can be applied to your own business.
Greenville has been recognized by the South Carolina Economic Development Board as one of their top 10 fastest-growing cities in the state. There are plenty of jobs available for those looking to move here or relocate their businesses here.
Greenville is home to many different companies including:
- BMW Manufacturing Co. - The first foreign-based automaker to build cars in the U.S. is located here, creating thousands of jobs for local residents.
- Michelin North America - A French company building tires for commercial vehicles, sports cars and passenger vehicles with manufacturing plants throughout Greenville County.
- Fluor Corporation - The largest privately owned engineering firm in the United States has a global workforce of more than 55,000 employees and is headquartered in the upstate.
- The Greenville Hospital System - The largest private employer in South Carolina with more than 7300 local workers.
- IBM Corporation - One of the world's largest comprehensive information technology services and solutions companies with local employees.
- Dupont - The leading global manufacturer of nylon, which is used in products such as tires, headphones and furniture.
- Renasant Bank - A regional financial institution headquartered in Greenville that provides banking products and services throughout the Southeast United States.
- General Electric Company (GE)- Global digital industrial company that is building a $600 million global service center in Greenville County right now.
- Eurocopter - An international helicopter manufacturer and support services provider, headquartered in France near Lyon with current employees of more than 500, creating 300 jobs over the next two years.
- Emerson Climate Technologies - A Fortune 500 company and global provider of innovative solutions for temperature control, air filtration and product protection. Employs 4500 in South Carolina.
- BASF Corporation-Americas Headquarters-The world's largest chemical company is located in the upstate and is South Carolina's third largest employer. Employs over 6000 people.
The Upstate region of South Carolina is home to many thriving industries including technology, manufacturing, healthcare and retail. Greenville's high quality of life also attracts people from across the country who are looking for an affordable place to live close to their job. Move here because it’s one of the fastest-growing cities in America!